4A: Calibrating Projectors and Cameras: Practical Tools
Github (files still upcoming)
Elliot Woods, Kimchi and Chips
Kyle McDonald Site
focus on geometry only develop examples with ofxCv and ofxCvGui for OF
Can we have a helper who takes photos of the diagrams and puts them into the wiki?
- 1 to 1.5 hours of theory
- 1 hour of practical + demos
4A.4 - 2d camera -> Projector
homography/perspective warping projective geometry CalibrateProjector for loading a model.dae and manually calibrating a projector.
4A.5 - Depth camera ->Projector
Demo videos and walkthrough videos are available here
If you read anything that's written against OpenCV version 1 (e.g. O'Reilly's Learning OpenCV Computer Vision with the OpenCV Library) be aware that OpenCV 1's syntax is based on C. OpenCV 2's syntax is based on C++. The difference is elegance, communicability and speed of development. Also some functions are added in later versions (although many fundamental functions remain unchanged).
Elliot generally refers to:
- Robert Laganière's OpenCV 2 Computer Vision Application Programming Cookbook
- OpenCV reference on 3D calibration
- Kyle McDonald
Links from the IRC Log
- ofxCvGui by Elliot, a GUI for OF integrated with ofxCv.
- Manfrotto Super Clamp and Manfrotta magic arm promoted by Golan.
- Fundamental Matrix Song from James George.
- Section 9.5.1., Fundamental Matrix explanation link from Marynel. "You can think of the fundamental matrix as the combination of two camera matrices (which includes their intrinsic and extrinsic parameters). This combination of matrices allow to go from the image space of one camera to the other."
- ofxGameCamera addon by James George.
- Microsoft's Xbox calibration card
- Yam/pitch/roll adjustable tripod mount
- Laser scanner/camera calibration toolbox
- keyworx from vade, relevant to the vvvv hacking.
- DAE file format