All participants in Art && Code: Homemade (including attendees, presenters, organizers, staff, and sponsors) are required to agree to the following Code of Conduct. This Code applies to the behavior of all participants, whether in physical gatherings, or in online social spaces such as chat rooms and video-conferences (Discord, Zoom, Twitch, YouTube, etc.).
The organizers of Art && Code: Homemade are committed to providing a friendly and inclusive experience. We encourage everyone present to:
- Be mindful of your language — Engage with community members, mentors, and contributors with respect and good intention.
- Use your best judgement — If it will possibly make others uncomfortable, do not say it.
- Be respectful — While disagreements may arise, it is not an opportunity to attack or threaten someone else’s thoughts and/or opinions. Remember to approach every situation with patience, understanding, and great care.
- Be intentional — Consider how your contribution will affect others in the community.
- Be open minded — Embrace new people and new ideas. Our community is continually evolving and we welcome positive change.
We are committed to creating an experience that is free of harassment and intimidation for all participants—regardless of gender identity and expression, age, sexual orientation, neurotype, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, ethnicity, nationality, religion (or lack thereof), marital status, or technology choices. We will not tolerate any form of harassment and/or discriminatory, oppressive, suppressive, or violent behavior.
Harassment may include, but is not limited to, offensive verbal comments, deliberate intimidation, stalking, following, harassing photography/screengrabbing or recording, sustained disruption of talks or other events, inappropriate or non-consensual contact, unwelcome sexual attention, and/or refusing to accept the limits or boundaries set by another participant. We further define suppressive behavior as any sort of communication that stifles or belittles another. Participants asked to stop any behavior are expected to comply immediately. This applies to everyone, including presenters, conference staff, and sponsors.
We expect all participants to adhere to this code of conduct at any Art && Code events. If someone engages in harassing behavior, the event organizers may take any action they deem appropriate, including warning the offender of potential expulsion, and expulsion from the event, with no refund for ticket payments (if any).
If you experience or witness harassment or threatening behavior, or have any other concerns, we encourage you to speak up, say something, and/or contact a member of conference staff immediately. We value your participation and attendance. You may contact the event organizers at:
- Bill Rodgers, Program Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tom Hughes (Twitter: @creativeinquiry; Tel: +1-412-849-9181), Associate Director, Frank-Ratchye STUDIO for Creative Inquiry