VVVV is a toolkit for real time video synthesis — and a graphical programming language which allows you to draw a program while it is running. It is designed to facilitate the handling of large media environments with physical interfaces, real-time motion graphics, audio and video that can interact with many users simultaneously. VVVV uses a “visual programming” interface, wherein user programs are created by connecting various function blocks by “wires”. In this way, VVVV provides a graphical programming language for easy prototyping and development. VVVV is real time. Whereas many other languages have distinct modes for building and running programs, VVVV only has one mode — runtime. Write code and see the results simultaneously!
Other key features of VVVV include:
• Effortless handling of multiple objects
• Seamless multi-projection setups
• DirectX-based 3D rendering
• Realtime programming of HLSL shaders, directly on the graphics card
• Interfacing with a wide variety of external devices and protocols, including UDP, TCP, RS232, OSC, MIDI, DMX, HTTP and plugin standards like VST and FreeFrame.
Note: Please plan to bring your own Windows laptop for any workshops in VVVV. A graphics card with good OpenGL/DirectX acceleration (ATI, nVidia) is highly recommended.